The english channel

Al den diskussion der ikke passer ind andre steder postes her. Har du bare brug for at snakke med nogen så prøv vores chat.
Brugeravatar
JoaCHIP
Mahoutsukai
Mahoutsukai
Køn: Mand
Kontakt:

The english channel

Indlægaf JoaCHIP » man 23. maj 2011 10:47

Just in case someone who don't speak danish have any questions or random stuff to say, or are curious about the danish anime culture, don't hesitate to ask here. We don't bite. ;)
RYST OG NYD!

Brugeravatar
Gintoki
Happy-Gin
Happy-Gin
Geografisk sted: Himmellegemet Jorden, nærmere placering KBH

Re: The english channel

Indlægaf Gintoki » man 23. maj 2011 11:25

Only a little if you want us to *_*
Billede NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYANBillede

http://nyan.cat http://www.nyanicorn.com/

Back once again for the renegade master, default damager, power to the people!

Brugeravatar
Egrimm
Chibi
Chibi
Geografisk sted: Odense
Kontakt:

Indlægaf Egrimm » man 23. maj 2011 11:28

Certainly depends one where the person wants to be bitten too xD

Won't this thread be a bit hard to find for an english speaking person? I mean, it's a great service to the english-speakers but they have to trawl the danish-heavy site to find it.

Brugeravatar
nodokasa
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin
Kontakt:

Indlægaf nodokasa » man 23. maj 2011 11:33

Some internationalization of the site would probably be very appreciated.
Animanga.dk - Original Danish Derailers - ODD

Billede

Brugeravatar
LiseR
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin
Køn: Kvinde
Geografisk sted: i mine bukser

Indlægaf LiseR » man 23. maj 2011 13:13

Toss me a PM if you want anything translated, I have a "cand.mag" in English ^^ :pirat
Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Brugeravatar
Burgundy
Chunin
Chunin

Indlægaf Burgundy » man 23. maj 2011 16:08

Well the site isn't what i do call "international ready", when a front page doesn't have it's main links in english, it tends to be a nightmare for any who aren't adept at the language in question. :)

And yet here we are with no one but danish dudes and dudeetes trying to write/talk/speak english in this thread. =P

but you can with many webbrowsers nowadays toss a google translate addon and view many foreign sites in english. :)
Billede

Brugeravatar
LiseR
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin
Geografisk sted: i mine bukser

Indlægaf LiseR » man 23. maj 2011 16:13

"Trying" to write English? My professional sensibilities are wounded!!! :P

Anyhow, Google Translate is _not_, repeat, _not_ and will never be a substitute for a proper translation. At best, it can give an idea of what the text is about. Even though it has vastly improved in recent years.
Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Brugeravatar
Burgundy
Chunin
Chunin

Indlægaf Burgundy » man 23. maj 2011 16:19

it's faster, do you want to see jokes about people waiting for a translation?

i can see a family guy scene with them making fun of a guy waiting for a translation, and then he misses the whole point of the joke. xD

better have it done quickly and accessible to a degree, with a few mistakes, than wait an eternity for an answer that might be more correct. But this is a forum, not a world meeting where a translation error is the reason for a new war. =P

And don't forget the funny translation jokes you will be having, while reading the google translations, never gets old. :)

Billede

^^

*** NOTE: the addon makes your browser automatic translate the whole site into whatever language you got, to a certain degree, obviously can't translate pictures. xD
Billede

Brugeravatar
Egrimm
Chibi
Chibi
Geografisk sted: Odense
Kontakt:

Indlægaf Egrimm » man 23. maj 2011 17:26

LiseR skrev:"Trying" to write English? My professional sensibilities are wounded!!! :P

Anyhow, Google Translate is _not_, repeat, _not_ and will never be a substitute for a proper translation. At best, it can give an idea of what the text is about. Even though it has vastly improved in recent years.
Amen to that, my pupils tend to rely heavily on it much to my dismay but oftentimes amusement. Especially when they're so lazy they end up getting a text translated to the wrong language, once a pupil handed in an essay in dutch instead of german xD

Brugeravatar
Lunch
Genin
Genin
Kontakt:

Indlægaf Lunch » man 23. maj 2011 20:32

Ooh, I really like the idea of this channel! Would've possibly helped me a ton a year ago, when I couldn't speak a word of danish. :)

Egrimm skrev:Won't this thread be a bit hard to find for an english speaking person? I mean, it's a great service to the english-speakers but they have to trawl the danish-heavy site to find it.
^
Mm, gotta agree on that one though, as this thread is quite well hidden indeed. I would most definitely not expect finding a thread like this in an "Off Topic" section, because it's rather uncommon for such a section to include any topics in foreign languages at all.
Billede

Tilbage til "Off Topic"