Talen fra Sakura Festival

Her kan du indsende relevante nyheder, interviews og artikler.
Vil du være frivillig journalist for Animanga.dk tjek her.
Brugeravatar
SsjGogo
Kami
Kami
Køn: Mand
Geografisk sted: København

Talen fra Sakura Festival

Indlægaf SsjGogo » tirs 17. maj 2011 16:23

Kære Animanga.dk brugere,

I samarbejde med den japanske ambassade, poster vi her en af talerne fra årets Sakura Festival. Følgende tale blev holdt af Hr. Jon Pape, chefen for Københavns Parker og Naturområder. Grundet de mange udenlandske gæster til årets Sakura Festival, blev talen holdt primært på engelsk.

Kære Københavnere,

Jeg hedder Jon Pape, og er chef for Københavns Parker og Naturområder. Jeg er meget glad for, at den japanske ambassade har inviteret mig til at tale til den 4. årlige Sakura Festival her I Langelinieparken. Jeg håber at det er ok med jer, at jeg af hensyn til vores internationale gæster holder resten af min tale på engelsk.

As I just said in Danish, it’s a great pleasure for me to be invited to speak here at the 4th annual Sakura Festival, celebrating the cherry tree blossoms at Langelinie Park.

In the year 2006, the Danish honorary consul in Hiroshima Mr. Seiichi Takaki donated 200 Japanese Cherry trees to the City of Copenhagen. The occasion was the 200th birthday of HC Andersen, a very well-known and loved writer and poet - not only in Denmark, but also in Japan and many other countries.

The City of Copenhagen has maintained the 200 beautiful trees since 2006 - and they are thriving. Not only the citizens of Copenhagen, but also the many tourists who visit our city – among them many from Japan – enjoy the cherry trees. The trees have been planted throughout Langelinie Park from The Fountain of Gefion in the south to the Sea Fearers’ Monument by the Marina in the north.
Luckily, trees live by their own agenda, and can’t be expected to blossom on command. But, unfortunately, that also means that we won’t be able to experience the beautiful sight of the pink cloud of cherry blossoms today. For those of us who had the luck to be here two weeks ago - for example on Easter Saturday - it was a breathtaking sight indeed!

An old proverb says: The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The next best time is now.

Trees are important for a city - they enhance the quality of life, improve air quality, create shade on warm days, harbour birds and insects and store CO2.

We have asked Copenhageners, what could get them to walk and cycle more - important for better health and a bringing down CO2-production. The number one answer was: A greener city.

For these many reasons, The City of Copenhagen has formulated a goal to plant 100.000 trees by the year 2020. The city assembly has given us money to fulfil the goal, and this past Wednesday, our mayor planted tree number 12.096 since we started counting on January 1, 2010. So we are well on our way.

I would like to thank the Japanese Embassy for taking the initiative for the yearly Sakura Festival. And I would like to thank all the many individuals and enterprises, who have put time and effort into preparations for the festival.

I am happy that it has been possible to go through with the festival in spite of the tragic events in Japan this year. My thoughts go out to the many people in Japan who have been through so much hardship and have suffered so many losses.

I hope that you will take the time to walk around the Langelinieparken and experience the cherry trees - imagine the clouds of pink blossoms and enjoy the many booths and activities that give us an great impression of Japanese art and culture here in Copenhagen.

Thank you
www.gogonoter.dk

Tilbage til "Nyheder, interviews og artikler"