Interview - Steeve Gréaux

Her kan du indsende relevante nyheder, interviews og artikler.
Vil du være frivillig journalist for Animanga.dk tjek her.
Brugeravatar
Pacman
Jonin
Jonin
Køn: Mand
Geografisk sted: Farum
Kontakt:

Interview - Steeve Gréaux

Indlægaf Pacman » søn 25. sep 2011 19:05

Mit første interview jeg vil bringe er et jeg lavede for et års tid siden på DKneko. Jeg fortryder lidt jeg ikke udnyttede chancen til flere spørgsmål, men et kort interview blev det da til. Men her er det da, mit første interview med ingen mindre end Steeve Gréaux, mere kendt som Hito fra Istiv studios.

For dem af jer der ikke kende til hverken Hito eller Istiv Studios, er han bag amv'er som The Race, Konoha no Hanoshi no Tataka og Shounen Bushido.
Hito var en af dem der var med til at starte istiv studio. Det studie har virkelig sat en milepæl i amv historien og har været med til at sætte nye standarter.
trods det er flere år siden sidst man har set en amv fra istiv studio lever deres gamle amvøer stadig op til nutidens høje standarter og de vil nok altid være her.

Men her er mit korte interview med Hito:

> What was your stance on using copyrighted material for AMVs?

At the time i started to make AMVs, anime was not as popular as they are now in France. Of course we had some hardcore community that watched most recent series freshly coming from Japan but they were not representative of the anime fans in France. In fact most people used to like 10- or 20-years old animes for some nostalgic reasons. In fact making AMVs from those new anime was considered as some kind of free advertisements by the editing companies: they were few and maybe didn't have as much money as now, it was not a so good business at that time. Of course we were using copyrighted materials but I never had the feeling that i was completely stealing something as AMV is not the same media as a DvD. In the worse case people will not like the AMV and don't buy the anime. It's not like they're going to say: "I have the AMV so i don't buy the anime" moreover if they liked it. Same reasonning is right with the music i think. Now the situation changed and anime and more about music are definitively a business ... Of course it is questionable that an amvmaker use DvD/CD stuff or downloaded stuff to make his videos, but at the end i think that the AMV is still something that shouldn't be considered as a threat by the companies as it contributes to make their products more popular for free !

> With the enormous ocean of AMVs out there has the motivation to make
AMVs ever faded?

When i was making AMVs, they were some kind of friendly competition to make the best AMV on our favorite anime or something like that. I must admit that when i first saw Vlad G Pohnert's or Vicbond's or other good editors new videos i was impressed then a little bit depressed then i wanted to make a better vid. So having many videos is not so a bad point. Additionally it gives you other piont of view on some anime or music, that you may didn't have. The only bad point in having so much videos out now is that there is some very crappy ones which give a not so good image of the AMVs. I may be rude saying that and i know everyone has to start somewhere, but for the community, it may not be a good thing.

> Were did you get your inspiration?

That's a hard but interesting question. Well from everything ! OK at first you have to watch anime and listen at music of course but inspiration is more than that, it comes from life itself. Talking with my brothers and my friends was also a big source of inspiration.

> Why did you start to make AMV's?

I've seen an AMV. I cannot remember which one and at that time, the editing was nothing like we can see now. Just i liked it but at the same time i was thinking that if i was the one making that video i would have do it another way: use other parts, different editing, different effects. At that time i didn't know a single thing about video editing but i had a very big motivation to try by myself.

> How long time did you use on your AMV's?

I depends but in general i spend a lot of time on it. I don't like to be pushed by deadlines for contests or "iron chief"-like events. Also i like to live and if i have the choice to go out with my friends than staying home to edit, then i stay home. To talk with numbers, the longest video i made took 1 year from selecting first videos to the final encoding but i had to finish my Ph D at that time too. Indeed, the average time i spend on a video is counted in weeks, sometime months.

> Why did you start Istiv studios?

We were a band of friends that wanted to test video editing by ourselves. I released the first video with a kind of logo introduction and the studio name. Actually the others liked it and chose to do the same under the studio name. Actually it gave some dynamics to our group as some people started to make website, upload videos on ftp or newsgroup. In fact we have never been working as a real studio, just the name sounded cool and it gave us some identity as a group of amvmakers.

> Why did you stop making AMV´s?

I'm getting older (lol). The real reason is mostly because of time. 2 years ago, i moved to Japan for working, then since that i use my free time for other things like going out, visiting the country etc ... Sometime i feel the need to start an AMV ... This may happen someday, i dunno ! The thing is that i lost the use of editing softwares and i also have no time to watch as much anime as before. All of that make that i'm not doing AMV anymore. But that's ok, i'm sure the new generation of amvmakers is doing a pretty good job !

Tilbage til "Nyheder, interviews og artikler"